SMP and HCPms
The SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) is the strategic mobility framework from SAP. It is available on premise or in the cloud (called HCPms - HANA Cloud Platform mobile services).
SMP offers different ways how to mobilize business processes:
- Online applications with Odata as protocol
- Offline applications with MobiLink as synchronization framework and Odata as the interface for developers
- Meta data driven offline applications (the former Syclo solutions) such as the SAP Work Manager
- Run SAP Fiori applications. In this scenario the Fiori apps benefit from the security features of the mobile platform and some of them can even run in offline mode.
SMP and HCPms support all common device platforms:
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Android tablets and smartphones
- Windows and Windows Phone
- Platform independent apps with Apache Cordova and the SMP specific Kapsel plugins for the development of apps with web technologies like SAP UI5 and JQuery.