The Internet of Everything
Soon everything will be connected. Today we are still able to count our devices that are connected to the internet, in the future everything will be a connected device.
This has a huge impact on organizations as it can help them either to gain an competitive advantage by using the new possibilities or falling behind if they don't.
Some of the scenarios for the use of IoT are:
- Machine to machine (M2M) communication
- Remote monitor things like wind farms, telco infrastructure, oilfields and more
- Fleet Management with connected vehicles
- Retail with for example connected vending machines
- Use of sensors in agriculture to measure rain or nutrition concentration on fields
- Connected Healthcare
SAP offers IoT service as part of the HANA Cloud Platform, powered by the MobiLink technology.